Friday, July 06, 2018

Seattle



This post is an introduction to what will be a long series of entries from our just completed trip to Scandinavia. This blog is a photo journal of places, so I didn't really feel I could simply call this "Introduction" or "Our Road Trip in Norway." So while "Seattle" is where these photos were taken, it's not really what this post is about.

The longest leg of the day was in a British Airways 747. I don't think I've flown in one of these since 1971, when Jane and Mom and I flew from LA to Boston in what must have been a brand new one. Inside, they are roughly as noisy and as uncomfortable and as stuffy as any other commercial airliner.

Somewhere, over coffee (in Balestrand, I think), I started a list in my notebook of places we had visited so far that I thought might deserve a post. Yesterday, somewhere over the Faroe Islands on IcelandAir, I finished the list. I ended up with almost 80. Which says something about why travel is so great, but which which is also when I start questioning this whole blog thing. Over the next few weeks, I'll probably dribble out somewhat less than 80 posts from Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Stay tuned.





No comments: