Saturday, July 28, 2018

Farstad

Farstad was a great destination for our day trip out to the Atlanterhavsveien. We picked up lunch makings at a convenience store in Vevang and from there it was only a few more miles out to the beach.

Farstad had jumped out on Google Maps when I was doing reconnaissance this spring because it had a large beach - something Norway has relatively few of. We ate lunch on the edge of the dunes, then M wandered back to her car and her Kindle while I wandered off down the beach. I'll post photos from here on Gravel Beach, but I'm farther behind with that blog than I am with this one.


The direct route out to Farstad was sort of a back road to start, but we took an even lesser traveled road on the way back -- one that followed the coast a little closer. It was a good reminder of the little surprises that make trips like this particularly fun. These whimsical roadside attractions are pretty new additions - I looked for them in the most recent Google Street View images and they weren't there.


No comments: