Sunday, July 04, 2010

Indian Head Farm





The farm in South Berlin looked like it was doing well. We arrived on July 4th and were treated to a wonderful lunch by the family. It's great to have a part of the family that still stewards a long history of family lore and remembers who we all are and how we are connected. I like the fact that there is an actual place with a family legacy - since the immediate family has moved around too much to set up roots that go beyond a single generation. Brunswick, Glen Ellyn, Seattle. I had hoped to swing through Amherst this morning to see where we spent Thanksgivings growing up, but there just wasn't time. As we always do on these infrequent visits, we swung by the cemetery to pay our respects to BK an Tab and to note all those Hastings and Wheelers and Morses that we never knew!

2 comments:

Eric Landerholm said...

Hi,
I am also a descendant of the Hastings that are still on Indian Head Farm. My great-great grandfather was Francis Hastings (born 1821, I believe), buried in Kirkland, WA. He was the son of Benjamin Hastings.

How do you fit into the Hastings family? Do the owners of Indian Head Farm have old pictures of the family?

Gravel Beach said...

Tim Wheeler at the Farm would be a good place to start. He descends from Arthur Hastings, Christopher Sawyer Hastings (b 1815), Ephraim Hastings (b 1785). The latter of Boylston.

That's about as much as I can tell from my Mom's notes.

C.S. must have been my great-great-great grandfather and his daughter Ellen Hastings White (b 1841) must have been my g-g grandmother.