Monday, July 13, 2015

Seattle


We left M in San Francisco for the week and D and I drove home in one long day. This 840-mile day was the longest of the trip and brought my 18-day total to 7402 miles. Not counting the excursion to the car wash after I got back to rinse off the dirt and the bugs.

The quick, fuzzy, glary iPhone photo of the map above doesn't do it justice, but I really love Dave Imus' Essential Geography of the United States map above my desk. It replaces an old Raven physiographic map which I had for many years (and still like), but when I decided to create a real pin map, I decided I wanted something with more information content. The red flags capture the highlights of the most recent trip and underscore the somewhat indirect routes we took between Seattle and Minnesota. It would make more sense if we had been driving between San Francisco and Chicago.

I've labeled all the posts from the trip with "Road Trip 2015." There are almost 30 in all, which is probably too many, but gives me a great record of the journey and some way to distinguish this particular trip from all the other trips when I look back someday.








No comments: