Monday, July 13, 2015

KWASEATT411


This spring my five-year old Sony laptop gradually ground to a halt, leaving me scrambling to make sure files and photos were backed up and that I'd be able to transfer everything over to a new computer. I picked up my new iMac just before leaving on the trip so I arrived home to the task of setting up the new system (and learning how to use it).

The new iMac forced a long overdue update to my weather station and I've now got a Davis VantageVue on the roof (it's running off third party software - Davis does instruments well, but their software is prehistoric). One cool thing about the upgrade is that my station is now part of the Weather Underground network.

You can find out what's happening at our house at:
KWASEATT411

So far, it's had little to do but record unseasonably warm temperatures. There hasn't been a drop of rain, so I don't really know if the rain gauge even works yet!

No comments: