Saturday, March 18, 2017

Howarth Park


This last Saturday in February was supposed to be nice - gray, but no rain. From the coffee shop, it looked okay to the north. But it was snowing by the time I hit the convergence zone between Lynnwood and Everett.

Howarth Park is on the shore just south of Everett. A overpass gets you across the railroad tracks and down to the beach, where a lot of work was done last year (and one of the reasons I wanted to check it out today).

I had the beach almost to myself - not surprising given the conditions. A long unit coal train worked its way north, one leg in a trip that probably began in the Powder River Basin and will end somewhere on the western side of the Pacific. I think this stuff is loaded on ships up in Vancouver, either at Roberts Bank or on Burrard Inlet.



No comments: