Friday, May 25, 2018

Cle Elum


There are several routes between Ellensburg and Cle Elum. I've driven I-90 dozens of times, but rarely, if ever, taken any of the alternatives. Two of the routes began as railroads. One still is, while the other, the old Milwaukee line, is now called the Palouse to Cascades Trail (the John Wayne and/or the Iron Horse Trail until just last week). Several others are roads.

I rode from Ellensburg up to Cle Elum via Thorpe Prairie (a few different roads) and Upper Peoh Point Road, then returned via State Route 10, which winds down the Yakima Canyon. Someday, I'll come back and check out the rail trail or US 97, and maybe combine it with the Teanaway.

My turnaround, Pioneer Coffee, was also lunch and coffee and a chance to rest my legs. I thought about Dairy Queen, a frequent Cle Elum stop, but decided I didn't need it.

No comments: