Friday, July 10, 2015

Northfield


According to Google Maps, it should have taken me just under 24 hours to drive the roughly 1700 miles from Seattle to Northfield (I-90 and its I-94 alternate are almost exactly the same). But I didn't use Google Maps.

Instead, I arrived in Northfield late in the afternoon of my 8th day, having driven 3600 miles. That just seems to be the way I do things.

I had pizza with D that evening. The next day I did a laundry, changed the oil, shipped some stuff home (making room in the car for more of his stuff), and took the rocket box off the car so I could park at the airport. Then D and I headed up to MSP to pick up M and her mom.

Friday was gorgeous. We walked around campus and along the river in town, much as we have many times in the last 4 years. We met a bunch of D's friends and even some of his profs. We kept our fingers crossed that the weather would be just as nice for the next day's graduation ceremonies!



No comments: