Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mount Si











It's been a very busy spring at work.  That didn't keep me from getting outside a little bit but it sure left me way behind in the blog.

This one goes back to the second weekend of April.  Last year I'd already been up Mount Si twice by this time, but maybe the novelty of that new found masochism wore off or maybe the weather just hasn't been conducive.  Regardless, I needed some exercise and Saturday morning I hiked up through the early morning clouds to find an almost clear sky right around the summit.

I actually contemplated climbing the haystack, which I've never done, and clambered up a ways.  But then I decided I was too old for this kind of thing and the prospect of climbing back down started to spook me, so I turned around and went back and had lunch on the less exposed rocks lower down.  Which by then had begun to get awfully crowded.  Remind me to do this on a weekday sometime!

No comments: