Sunday, March 30, 2014

Los Angeles










I do not know LA well, and that includes the downtown area. I don't know the basic lay of the land, I don't know how and where the city developed, and I didn't realize that downtown actually had hills. Or at least some hills. Probably stuff pushed up along the many faults that crisscross the basin. I should do some homework on the natural history and early development of the LA basin before I visit the next time.

We mainly drove around downtown - seems an appropriate way to explore LA - but eventually found a place to park at the north end between City Hall and Union Station and did some walking. Walking seemed an appropriate way to offset our vacation eating habits.

We walked up through Grand Park to the Concert Hall, then back down to Olivera Street for a churro and a respado (my foreign language skills often are limited to food). As with the rest of the trip, we enjoyed the clear weather and the moderate temperatures.

No comments: