Sunday, March 30, 2014

Alamogordo



I had fretted a lot about our schedule today and tomorrow (Saturday and Sunday). There would be much driving amid constraints that I feared would cause use to forego some fun opportunities.

Driving through central and southern New Mexico has a certain appeal (to me), but the reason for doing it was to see some stuff we might not get a chance to see again.  Like White Sands, which I wanted to visit, but which I thought M might enjoy, too.

We didn't have time to visit the Three Rivers Petroglyph site (I hadn't really expected to), but we did stop briefly at the big Pistachio in front of McGinns - on a surprise trip, you have to be willing to settle for surprises of all sorts.  We left with a bag of Pistachio Brittle and raced off for Alamogordo and White Sands.

No comments: