Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sooke




Sooke is far enough west of Victoria to feel like a town, not a suburb, but it's also pretty much the last place with much of anything on the road to Port Renfrew.  Heading west on Friday, I took advantage of Serious Coffee's WiFi to touch bases with M and to make reservations on ferry home, then I checked in there again on Sunday as I headed back. I had a Verizon signal most of the way out the Strait, but wasn't sure it was an American one from  across the water or a really expensive Canadian one! And it was sort of nice to be off the grid, anyway.

Besides Serious Coffee, I also stopped at Whiffen Spit going both ways - Sunday morning's sunshine was much better for photos than Friday afternoon's overcast. I made a mental note - not the first time - to come back with M sometime to check out the Sooke Harbor House.


No comments: