Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mount Vernon










This was the first time in a long time that M & I could get away together and we decided to head up to the Skagit to see the Tulips. My ideal tulip trip would be to run into them unexpected in the middle of nowhere with no one else around and this morning in Seattle, I had visions of gridlocked farm roads, overpriced parking, tour buses, crowds of gawkers, and low-flying helicopters. I guess all of those things were there, but somehow we managed to avoid most of it, and I came away reminded that just because something is overhyped and commercialized, it can still be a lot of fun!

The weather was great.  The timing was perfect, with most of the fields in full bloom.  The photography was both helped and hindered by the slight haze, and the photos themselves suggest that my camera does some weird stuff with bright, contrasty colors.

We ended up at Seeds in La Conner for lunch - which was good, but took about 40 minutes longer to arrive than it should have.  Blame it on the crowds.

No comments: