Saturday, April 19, 2008

Honolulu







Saturday evening on Waikiki. Another nice sunset, although a completely different context than the previous evening at Polihale. Tons of people, although I suspect it often gets far more crowded. High rises stacked on the beach. Hawaiiian and Polynesian music from each hotel. I wandered up to the Sheraton's patio and had Mahi tacos and a Longboard while sitting 10' feet back from the seawall (there isn't much beach in front of this section of Waikiki). Pleasant, but something was still missing. I would have called her, but it was already too late in Seattle.

The next morning I had a great walk. When I started, the sun was barely up and the beach was empty. By the end of the walk, it was packed. I waved to D through the webcam at Duke Kahanemoku's statue. When I got back to the hotel, I discovered I'd taken my last couple of hundred photos with the camera set at 640x480 resolution. Guess I won't be printing this batch of pictures!

No comments: