Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hanalei





Hanalei is one of those places that calls itself the end of the road. But it really isn't the end of the road, which continues another ten miles west until the coastline gets so steep the notion of a road doesn't make much sense. The road ends at Ke'e Beach at the eastern end of the Na Pali coast. i tried snorkeling and it actually worked pretty well - at least I saw a lot of fish - despite water seeping into the face mask through my mustache. The weather got nicer right up until I left the beach.

It started raining as I headed back into town - rocks were falling on the road and the streams were rising and muddy. I was in the line at Bubba's Burgers when the rain got serious and spent most of the storm from the cover of the porch at Java Kai. Rumor is that they had to close the road for a while.

No comments: