Friday, May 25, 2007

New Orleans




The hotels are filled with tourists and conferences. The French Quarter looks as I remember it from three years ago. But the rest of the city is still suffering, as excursions to the Lower Ninth Ward and to the districts up along the lake demonstrated. I guess this was an appropriate location for a conference on coastal geology and engineering! More pictures (many depressing) of New Orleans at Gravel Beach.

I ran along the river a couple times, though even at 7:00 AM it was pretty muggy for my Seattle temperment. I enjoyed some good dinners and pleasant walks through the French Quarter. M wouldn't have appreciated the heat (good thing it was only May) but she would have enjoyed the city - we'll have to come back together some time. In January.

No comments: