Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Point No Point



In my previous post, I noted the lack of routine in my work, and I guess this drives that home. That post was from a downtown meeting on Monday (Sept 28th). This post is from the next day, when I caught the ferry to Kingston late in the day for an evening talk in Hansville.

I had a little extra time before the event, so I wandered out to the lighthouse. For weeks, there have been reports of humpbacks and just a couple of hours early someone had tweeted about Orca headed south past Bush Point, so I was hoping for a chance to watch whales.

No whales, but it was a beautiful late afternoon and the beach was lined with fishermen not catching very much. Mount Baker was visible to the north and Mount Rainer loomed over Seattle to the south. The view of the Seattle skyline was a nice contrast to yesterday's lunch downtown.



No comments: