Monday, January 26, 2015

Chambers Bay


Our drive back from Lake Quinault on Monday began with a series of rain squalls, but by the time we got back to Puget Sound, the skies had cleared. We took the side trip through Steilacoom and then dropped down to the park at Chambers Bay, one of my favorite spots but one I hadn't dragged M to before. It was beautiful and pretty crowded, despite the chilly wind.

Our timing was good, since I understand they closed the parking lot this week in order to build a bigger one. They claim it's not because of the upcoming U.S. Open in June, although I suspect it makes the event easier to stage if they can keep the riff raff away from the park!

I've posted from here before:

  hshipman: Chamber's Creek: March 2013
  Gravel Beach: Pioneer: October 2010

If we had been here 90 minutes earlier, we might have looked over and seen the tornado that touched down south of Gig Harbor around 2PM!


No comments: