Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Point Reyes









M and her mom needed to go out and shop for food for Sunday, so D and I had the afternoon to explore.  Or, more accurately, I had the afternoon to explore and D was willing to tag along.  We drove north, across the Golden Gate, through Mill Valley, and along the coast up past Stimson Beach and Bolinas Lagoon.  It would have been nice to have more time to linger and to explore, but we really didn't have the time.

Point Reyes was gorgeous with no fog and almost no people, but plenty of beaches and cows (sorry, no cow pictures). The lighthouse itself was closed, but I was able to peer down at it and watch gray whales (well, I think they were gray whales) spouting offshore.  I got in as many stops as I could before the sun hit the horizon, which left just enough time to get back to the city for dinner.


No comments: