Thursday, August 30, 2012

Salt Spring Island







This year, we stayed closer to Green Acres.  A sore back discouraged me from taking kayak out to salt water, nice weather gave us little reason to wander from the lake, and a concerted effort to save money reduced the number of trips to town for expensive meals.

In addition, I found myself taking far fewer pictures. Maybe it was an intentional retreat from the excess of previous years.  Maybe it was that some of the subjects seemed fairly similar and not worthy of more shots.  But regardless, I came back with relatively few shots from which to choose for this post.

The island was as wonderfully pleasant as it always is - and with this week's weather, maybe even more so.  Other than the visit to Windsor Plywood for a fan and the standup paddle boards at the lake, I don't think we did a single thing new this year!

No comments: