Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lee's Ferry




I wrapped up stuff at work - as much as it ever gets wrapped up. I wrote a note to the principal about the educational value of taking Devon out of school early (I'm sure he learned far more than he would have if he had stayed in Seattle those four days). We finished packing our bags. Lunch Tuesday was at LAX. Lunch Wednesday was on the river.

This is something I've wanted to do for decades - raft the Grand Canyon before getting too far past 50. D was excited - after all he got to miss some school. M wasn't as excited - so we left her at home. Not that we didn't miss her, and not that she wouldn't have enjoyed parts of it, but I suspect that given her enthusiasm for wilderness and hot weather, it might have been less than her perfect getaway. We'll have to find her something to take its place.

No comments: