Friday, June 06, 2008

Ontario







The prospect of a long Memorial Day weekend. M had papers to grade. D had school projects to work on. I decided to check out some new beaches. So I flew to Toronto and rented a car. (It wasn't quite this impulsive. I made the decision last December 31st. I had finally accumulated enough miles for a free trip - I'd never done that before - and United was threatening to yank them.

I had originally thought of checking out Long Point and Point Pelee on the northern shore of Lake Erie, but gave them up for Lake Huron and Georgian Bay. I also left a little time for Toronto, since I'd always wanted to see the Scarborough Bluffs and the city's urban waterfront and shoreline parks.

What a neat weekend! As usual, lots more pictures at Gravel Beach.

No comments: