Thursday, September 22, 2016

Bangor


We didn't leave much time for Belfast on our trip to the north coast. We arrived late in the afternoon and explored the Titanic museum, spent the night in Bangor, and then spent the next morning taking the bus tour of Belfast. Posts to follow.

Bangor is located on the coast about 10 miles east of Belfast. Our B&B was on Seacliff Road, overlooking the water. Dinner was at the Rabbit Rooms, just down the street, where I had more mussels in a single sitting than I've ever had before. And pretty cheaply, too.

The normal breakfast routine at B&Bs - we typically ate around 8:30 - allowed me time for an early morning walk (not that I always did this) and a chance for M to sleep in (not that she always did this). In Bangor, I watched the sunrise over Ballyholme Bay, half a mile farther east.



No comments: