Sunday, July 31, 2016

Minotaur Lake



Minotaur Lake lies below Labyrinth Mountain in the Little Wenatchee drainage, somewhere northeast of Stevens Pass. Theseus Lake is several hundred feet lower, but looked like it might be much harder to get to.

J and R were staying at the cabin, so we just met at the trailhead. Just J and R, since the kids apparently decided that laying around the cabin would be more rewarding than climbing a mountain with their parents and vintage uncle.


The hike up Labyrinth Mountain was fairly easy to follow, but I was sure wishing I still had that extra pint of blood I donated Thursday afternoon. It was probably just an excuse for age and poor conditioning, but the whole day I felt I was hiking several thousand feet higher than I actually was.





No comments: