Sunday, September 13, 2015

Seattle Waterfront


I had been wanting to get out of the house, probably figuring I needed some distance between me and my little backyard landscaping project. And I'd been curious for a long time to see the progress on the new seawall. M was willing to join me and we spent an hour or two walking the waterfront with the tourists and the cruise ship crowd.

It's a real mess right now, since they're trying to replace the seawall out from under all the activity and the existing piers and buildings. But it's also fascinating seeing how they're doing this.  I admit it will be nice when it's done. And being done isn't just the seawall - it's the new boulevard and park that will emerge after the viaduct comes down (assuming Bertha can back to work digging her tunnel under downtown).





No comments: