Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Saltspring Island


Bite Me! Bakery

Salt Spring Island. Or Saltspring Island. Apparently either works. We spend a week every year and have gotten to know the roads and the public beaches fairly well. We've also checked out most of the bakeries. And the goat cheese place, and the galleries, and the restaurants.

Mount Tuam - Swartz Bay and Sidney in the distance




One afternoon, I drove down to Musgrave Landing, which is at the end of many miles of dirt road, but since I couldn't find the government dock, I guess I'll have to go back again next year and look harder. But while at the south end of the island I checked out the new development perched on the southern slope of Mount Tuam. The views were spectacular, although they would have been even better without the haze.

Salt Spring Island Bread Company

No comments: