Monday, January 26, 2015

South Park



Saturday morning I drove down to the Duwamish to see how the water would get. It was predicted to be one of the highest tides of the year and there was even a little event to celebrate, but as often happens, the tide arrived quite a bit lower than predicted.  I guess if you've got your hopes up for drama and disaster, this can be a bit anticlimactic, but for my part I just like being down on the shore at daybreak and it doesn't really matter if the bathtub is overflowing or not.

I also just like the South Park neighborhood, Seattle's largely unknown riverbank community of small homes and marine industries.  Thanks to the latter (and a small aviation company that set up decades ago on the other side of the river), its a bit of a mess, but they're slowly getting around to cleaning it up. In the meantime, there are some neat little parks and shoreline access spots being opened up.

Previous post:  March 2009


No comments: