Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Eagle Landing









I've been wanting to visit Seahurst Park to see how the big beach project was going, but just haven't had the time or the opportunity. But I decided to swing by briefly on the way back from morning meetings in Olympia today.  I knew access would be tricky unless I had a formal visit set up (and my hard hat), since the park is closed for the duration, so I decided to come in from Eagle Landing and hoof it the half mile down the beach to Seahurst (see Gravel Beach).

Normally, Olympia days are bad days for exercise, unless driving 100 miles and stopping for coffee both ways counts.  But this relatively new Burien Park (Eagle Landing) has become a feature of local stair climbing guidebooks - and getting back to the car provided me some much needed lunchtime exercise.

The Eagle is by local carver Galen Willis.


No comments: