Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Diamond Heights





I guess there hasn't been much to post since we got back from our Minnesota trip in mid-September, so we jump from northern Idaho to the middle of San Francisco.  Which is where we spent the week before Christmas, visiting M's mom along with various relatives and friends. The main purpose was to attend the unveiling ceremony at her dad's grave on the 23rd.


Rene let us stay at her place in Diamond Heights, which was great and much less crowded then staying with the others at the apartment in Park Merced. The first couple of mornings I got up pretty early and was ambitious enough to wander down to 24th in Noe Valley for coffee (Bernie's) - and then make my way back up the hill to the condo.  Both the weather and my commitment dwindled and the last couple of days my routine shifted to driving down to Glen Park (coffee at Bello).

The views from outside of the condo were great -- Twin Peaks in one direction, the Bay in the other.  And you didn't have to go far for good views of the city.  San Francisco is a fascinating landscape and I wish I had both better knowledge of it's geographical history and more time to explore it.

No comments: