Sunday, March 07, 2010

South Whidbey






It's been almost three months since I posted something here. My Gravel Beach blog remains a fairly regular stream of photos and words, but this blog suffers long lapses of inactivity. I think it's because it is best suited to travelogue and I have not been traveling. At times, hshipman resembles a family photo album, but I guess I remain hesitant about posting photos of friends and family, so the blog was dormant through Thanksgiving and the December holidays.

Many of my most photogenic adventures are beach-related and end up in Gravel Beach, so posting here requires something new to say or a tolerance for redundancy.

Saturday's trip to Whidbey was the most recent in a series of wonderful weekend beach explorations during the past few months, most (but not all) of which are captured at Gravel Beach: Key Peninsula, Vashon Island, and two trips to Whidbey. I think I've realized that if I really want to visit all the beaches on Puget Sound, I better get moving.

Saturday found me on a beach that I had never visited before, but that I had long wanted to see. It took some walking, but the day was perfect and the beach was better than I could have imagined. (Maple Point, Maxwelton)

No comments: